Ong Yi Leng Michelle CadidAnimation
Diploma in Digital Animation
Hello my name is Michelle Ong, I’ve been working in Sparky Animation as a Layout Artist for a year now.
I’ve always been interested in art as a child and have been learning how to draw by observing my environment. I’ve always been interested in making my own animation in the future. I became more serious with my passion when I entered Digital Animation in ITE central. I’ve started to take interest with 3D base animation after learning how to use maya.
I’ve also took part in Singapore film festival and was proud to have my FYP shown on the screen.
As someone who likes to learn/explore different mediums, I sometimes play with different software or listen to tutorials online to help me learn how to cheat/fasten my pace to finish my product.
I’m a fast learner and is open to learning to new things, I’m also hardworking as I try to get my work done before my due date. I also enjoy getting feedback so I could improve my skills in the future.
During my internship in Sparky Animation, I was placed into the Layout department which was completely different experience for me because my core module in DDA is Modelling. I’ve struggled a lot for a few weeks because I don’t have a lot of knowledge on Animation and how the graph editor work.
After my 10 months trip in Sparky Animation, I’m glad to have the opportunity to work on different projects and meet new people in there. I’m lucky to have a supervisor who is patient with me and helped guide me in this new area. I’ve felt I’ve gain new knowledge for Layout and improved my communication skills a lot.
Overall, I’m happy with my experience in Sparky and would like to thank Singapore Poly for this opportunity
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Premiere/Aftereffects
- Sony Vegas
- Concept Design/Character Design
- Learning new things
- Force my love on my Guinea Pigs
- Compassvale Secondary Bursary/Scholarship Award [ 2007 – 2011 ]
- Compassvale Secondary Good Conduct
- ITE Director’s List Award [ 2013]
- Entered the Singapore Film Festival [ 2013]
- Assited in SP Open House [ 2015, 2016]
- Visual Industry Promotion Organization, Character Making Workshop 
- Overseas Immersion Programme, Digital Hollywood University, Tokyo